Monthly ArchiveFebruary 2012
Kingdom Hearts 3 Sora on 26 Feb 2012
Recently, I got the latest issue of Nintendo Power in the mail. In the March issue of the magazine, a ton of details have been spilled about Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance. An exclusive interview was even included. I’ll put a list of what was pretty much said and you read it via clicking my scans that I uploaded.
- Yen Sid gives Sora & Riku the task of opening the seven sleeping doors during their exam.
- You can start off as either Riku or Sora.
- Drop Points will be rewarded based on how many enemies you killed before you switched.
- These Drop Points can be spent to increase power, boost health, or even turned into Munny.
- You can have 2 Spirits in your party, and 1 in reserve. To increase their power, you can either play AR minigames or use them in battle. You earn points which you can use to upgrade the spirit.
- To enter a sleeping world, you have to go through a dreamlike dive mode while avoiding obstructions and completing a task if there is one.
- While Sora & Riku are completing the Mark of Mastery, a mysterious boy follows them. Apparently, the mysterious boy ends up obstructing the mark of mastery, ruining the plan Yen Sid had.
- The whole game isn’t about the Mark of Mastery. Once the mysterious boy appears, the plot seems to go in a different direction. Characters such as Xehanort, Xemnas, and Ansem are all linked to him.
- Nomura chose Sora & Riku as playable characters to represent the light and dark sides of the heart.
- The game originally had nobodies and heartless, but this was changed to Dream Eaters since it fits in with the dream like setting.
- Most of the time, Dream Eater (Spirits) will be your allies throughout the game. Nomura explains that when he isn’t working on a numbered title, he was to put in new systems.
- Flowmotion (The system to interact with the environment to perform new moves and abilities) is one step toward the ultimate goal for the series.
- The mysterious boy is connected to Xemnas/Xion/Axel appearing and he will confuse Sora and Riku throughout the game.
- The mysterious boy is the key to the answer of who is the main villain of 3D.
- Nomura wants to do something special in North America to celebrate the 10th anniversary.
- There is surprise during the end credits.
In xVentus’s last update, he told us about the world for Tron Legacy. To add to that, I’m bringing along some Famitsu Weekly scans of the Tron Legacy world with Sora, Riku, and some other characters we’re happy to see returning!
Axel, or Lea, has returned to the game in his human form, no longer a Nobody here. Although they aren’t pictured in these scans, apparently Xaldin, Lexaeus, Vexen, and Zexion have also come back as Dilan, Aeleus, Even, and Lenzo, respectively.
In these scans, we see Sora and Riku as they are introduced to Sam Flynn, Kevin Flynn, and Quorra, the heroes of Tron Legacy, the movie. Clu seems to have taken to the powers of the Keyblade (as did many of the villains in the past games) which greatly foreshadows the turmoil that shall be aroused in this world; Sora is battling Rinzler in one scan and we can see Riku is taking on another boss as well. Then, of course, there’s the colorful intrusion of Spirits and Dream Eaters!
Kingdom Hearts 3 xVentus on 24 Feb 2012
I see you’ve arrived at my new post, ready to take the Mark of Mastery! Do you have what it takes to defeat Xehanort and drive back his darkness? Find out in Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance. The time has come to venture into the Realm of Sleep and awaken the worlds that did not return to the Light. The newest game has finally revealed how we will change between both Riku and Sora. It will be via the use of the Drop Gauge. Over time, this gauge will deplete and when it hits zero, we’ll switch between Riku and Sora. It is not possible to go through the game with just Riku or Sora though, but you can change between them at anytime if you don’t want to wait for the gauge to do so automatically. On the note of Dream Eaters, players will be able to create brand new ones via breeding them and raising them with special items. Did I mention that you can freely name them if you do it in this manner? Last but not least, we all remember Sora’s adventures with Tron in Kingdom Hearts II. Now Sora and Riku will be making a journey into the world of The Grid, meeting our favorite faces from the film Tron: Legacy. Just like the updated look in the movie, Sora will also be sporting a new look himself! Will you be able to free the worlds trapped in sleep? Find out and show us the Mark of Mastery!
Kingdom Hearts 3 xVentus on 23 Feb 2012
So I’m sure you all heard by now, we were experiencing some issues on the forum and this news site. The issue has since been resolved recently by one of the root administrators. Since this site was hit too, I will re-post what he told us.
I was made aware today that we were suffering from a bit of downtime. After doing a good bit of sniffing around I discovered that the problem was due to a hack. Some of our pages were compromised and I’ve since cleaned those up (thus why we’re back online).
However, this isn’t good news. I don’t currently know what the attack vector was, but there’s a good chance that we were attacked through a flaw in vBulletin itself. Our vBulletin is out of date and, from what I understand from the licensing agreement, there’s not really a way for us to update to the latest security releases.
The long story short… If it’s happened once, it will happen again. We’re sitting targets. You may happily and gleefully chat along while the going is smooth, but without some changes, this downtime will likely be upon us again soon.
It is furthermore ridiculously important to note, as well, that when the forum is down if you get any notifications about “Would you like to let this Java applet run” or any other such nonsense, do say NO.
I will continue to look into this issue and see what other avenues we have to rectify it.
Furthermore, I apologize to anyone here that may have received a Trojan warning or other Malicious URL warning from visiting this site. The issue should now be resolved, but I strongly urge all of you that visited between yesterday and today at any point before this post to run virus and malware checks on your computers.
Kingdom Hearts 3 Sora on 22 Feb 2012
Who tripped over that wire? Tev? Roxanne? Xatyrn?
Well anyways, it seems like we’re currently having trouble with the forum. The homepage – Kingdomhearts3.com is NOT loading up due to a content encoding error. I don’t have any power over the forum, so I have no idea what is going on. Fortunately, the subsections are still showing up. I’m talking with the staff to see if they have any idea of what is going on. I’ll keep you guys updated with what the staff are doing. Thanks for your understanding!
Edit: One of the other staff members have replied to my inquiry and said that he/she is not having any other problems. I’m still not sure why the main site isn’t working for me.
Edit2: Tev isn’t able to get on the blog nor the main forum page. His cell phone is claiming a trojan virus error is popping up, it may be a false positive though.
Edit3: Actually, the site/blog may have a trojan. Please run a virus scan and check to see if anything pops up. That would be EXTREMELY helpful to us. I think it may be along the lines of this trojan.
Update your Java to the latest version and update your anti-virus programs to stay protected.