Category ArchiveTokyo Game Show 2007
Sora on 24 Oct 2007
Xaldin from KHV received an anonymous email containing the first known recorded footage of Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days for Nintendo DS, presumably recorded at the Tokyo Game Show. It’s only 3 seconds long, but it’s worth it:
For those of you who can’t recognise the areas, it includes Roxas in his Organization XIII cloak:
- First in Twilight Town battling Yellow Operas and Shadow Heartless
- Then in Wonderland battling Shadow Heartless
- And finally outside the station in Twilight Town battling Darkside
Currently, it seems all the enemies are the same as in Kingdom Hearts I, but we’ll have to wait and see!
Sora on 22 Sep 2007
KHN’s Tomogirl has translated a blog user’s descriptions of the 3 Kingdom Hearts Games Trailers shown at the Tokyo Game Show 2007. These trailers are not yet available for view.
- The title of “KINGDOM HEARTS NEW CONCEPTS, NEW TITLES” is displayed with the beginning image in a form of waves.
- It shows the ending scene of Kingdom Hearts II. Sora, Riku, Kairi, Donald, and Goofy are in Destiny Islands’ play island laughing together in the water.
- Words appear:
“Flow of time.”
“The secret is solved.”
“The world extends.”
- It begins with an image of Jiminy Cricket narrating the scenes. (The blog user notes that the words that are placed down as Jiminy speaks are made to look very vague.)
- Jiminy: “My two journals are completed. One of them became blank because of Castle Oblivion. The words that were written in the journal said, ‘Give thanks to Namine’ ………eh?”
- One strange sentence that was written in Jiminy’s Journal that should’ve become blank by events in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories: “It’s necessary to return to healing their wounds.”
- Jiminy finds the strange sentences and reports them to the King in a panicking manner.
- King: “He is the only one who is able to solve this mystery.”
- Jiminy: “I think so too.”
- Sora appears standing on Destiny Islands. A special effect surrounds Sora’s body looking like he’s being forwarded by a computer which momentarily hangs.
- The Heartless attack. Sora is shown moving a pile of blocks. (Are there a variety of mini game elements such as puzzle games built in?)
- In “Debugging Mode”, Sora’s movement quickens, and a variety of actions join together when the command is executed. (Is it like the reaction command triangle button in Kingdom Hearts II?)
- The scene where Sora goes off to Traverse Town in Kingdom Hearts is shown at the end. Pluto tries to lick Sora’s face and Sora wakes up in the back of the alley in Traverse Town.
- Sora chases Pluto and runs to the center of the town.
- Sora: “Here is where…?” which he remembers from the first Kingdom Hearts. (It’s a bit different, although, it definitely looks like the beginning scene of Traverse Town.)
- The King comes out of the back of the alley with a hand held up and walks toward Sora. (The King is in his usual clothing and not the clothes of Organization XIII.)
- King: “Sora, I was here on that day. Let me speak the truth.”
- The ending scene of Re: Chain of Memories is shown. Sora is seen sleeping in order to regain his memory.
- Words appear:
“The other side is returning to Sora to sleep.”
“Whenever crossing, the mind comes back.”
- The scene with Roxas and Axel sitting on the clock tower of Twilight Town is shown.
- Roxas and Axel are watching the evening sun from the clock tower at the station as usual. The duty of the two people, who belong to the Organization, is to deal with the Heartless and to collect “Hearts”. They always meet in the clock tower at this station at the end of each duty. They talk about their duties, while eating sea-salt ice cream together.
- Axel: “The sunset, do we know why it would be red?”
- Axel: “It shows any colours, as it stretches until there are some colours in its light, and it especially has red because is the furthest colour.”
- Roxas: “Why is Axel in a good mood?”
- The scene changes to inside the White Woom where Roxas is with the other Organization XIII members being introduced. It seems, this is the scene where Roxas enters the Organization.
- Axel and Saïx are talking about Castle Oblivion.
- Saïx: “There is a member in Castle Oblivion who is a betrayer.”
- Saïx: “Erase him as soon as we find him.”
- Axel: “Is this really an instruction from Xemnas?”
- (Does Saïx’s expression deepen?)
- The King meets a man with a black hood in the forest. The King looks mysterious himself. (He is wearing his black hood appearance.)
- The King is surprised, pulls out his keyblade, and momentarily, at the same time, pulls down his hood.
- Roxas is manipulated, and the Heartless are being knocked down.
- The operation to Glide is possible to be used in the air.
- In addition, this scene has the members of the Organization XIII members struggling in a joint battle, and seems to be the first multi-player battle of the Kingdom Hearts series.
- The screen appears to be divided into four, and the players are able to operate Roxas, Xigbar, Saïx, and Axel.
- Xemnas is talking in the White Room where the Organization XIII are gathered.
- The Organization members all have deep expressions.
- Xemnas: “A new companion came to join us. ……. It is the 14th.”
- The person who is called the 14th is a girl who is wearing a black hood. Her face isn’t able to be seen.
- Axel and Roxas are flying/hopping on the roofs of houses of Twilight Town.
- Roxas: “…Ahead of me, I see Xemnas….”
- Roxas looks at the sunset on the clock tower again: “I will disappear from this world in 151 days.”
- The beginning scene is from the ending of Kingdom Hearts to its opening.
- Words appear: “Sleep gives birth to the concealed fate in the far past.”
- The boy with different clothes, and has the same face as Roxas, is talking to the person known as Terra who has dark hair. The boy who looks like Roxas is called “Ven” by Terra.
- ????: “Are you the one who, at one time, saved me?”
????: “Ah, promise.”
- Terra is shown to continuously face the Elderly Man who appeared in the Secret Movie of Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+ in the wilderness. (The voice and appearance of Xehanort is quite different from his appearance in KH although. The Elderly Man is called “Xehanort” by Terra.)
- Terra calls out the keyblade in his right hand. (The effect is the same as the man in mysterious armour who “stays put thoughtfully” that appeared in Final Mix+.)
- Though Terra is hostile towards the elderly person, Xehanort, the words spoken were used before in defense of Roxas.
- Xehanort meets Ven in the Olympus Coliseum. (Additionally, the forest from Sleeping Beauty’s world is shown!)
- Ven: “Who? I don’t know you.”
- Elderly Man: “Only soon, will you know, and you are asleep.”
- Elderly Man: “The one that was lost was to lose, and the one to be obtained was obtained.”
- Elderly Man: “You must grab and take it now.”
- The Elderly Man waves his hand in a movement as if to summon magic.
- Ven watches with an expression that becomes confused with fear.
- Afterwards, the world of the wilderness appears again.
- The person wearing a black helmet and black clothes (shown in the Final Mix+ Secret Movie) encounters Ven.
- The person of mystery blows off Ven.
- The King summons and uses the Keyblade to momentarily protect a fallen Ven. (Is the King wearing clothing that hasn’t been seen so far?)
- The scene has changed completely to the wilderness, and this time, the Elderly Man starts to appeal for something.
- Elderly Man: “Please, I ask of you to correct my mistake!” (The man says more, but the blog user can’t remember what.)
- Terra is watching the coast of Destiny Islands.
- There are two boys who are playing using wooden swords as Terra watches from a grove. (Sora and Riku?)
- Ven is watching from a similar coast. This place isn’t Destiny Islands, but Twilight Town.
- Ven: “Because he’s my friend, please erase me.”
Created by an FF&KH Blog user, translated by Tomogirl, and corrected and edited by myself.
Sora on 21 Sep 2007
There are two magazine scans that appeared recently, showing screenshots from the new Kingdom Hearts games detailed further in the New Kingdom Hearts Games Revealed New Post and below. First is from V-Jump and second is from Gemaga.
- Terra is featured, wearing a different outfit (KH2:FM+ Character)
- We also see the Unknown Bald Man talking with Terra. (It’s been reported that Terra says “Master Xehanort” to the man.)
- More images of Roxas and King Mickey
- Scan states expect footage of this game at TGS 2007
- Organization XIII Meeting: “The Keyblade’s chosen one…”
- Bald Man: “I believed you would arrive…”
- Terra: “What have you done to his/her heart!”
- Roxas: “He said he’d seen me before.”
- Mickey (with Sora): “On that day, I was here too.”
- Mickey (with Jiminy Cricket): “A passage one cannot remember…”
Famitsu also edited their review of the trailers shown at the Tokyo Game Show:
- Moving on, we see “Kingdom Hearts – New Concepts, New Titles” appear in waves. The new projects hinted at before are finally shown.
The first trailer shown has “Time flows”, “As mysteries are unlocked, the world continues to expand.” With Jiminy Cricket telling the story, we see Sora standing up on te Destiny Islands. In a battle scene, we see a puzzle-style action system, with the command “Debugging Mode”. And at the end of the trailer, we see a scene reminiscent of the beginning of Kingdom Hearts [in Traverse Town], where King Mickey says “Sora, I was here that day. Time to tell you the truth.” This might be the story of Kingdom Hearts told from a different
perspective. In any case, the title is ‘Kingdom Hearts: Coded’, for mobile phones. (Riku: This is believed to only be for mobile phones in Japan, although not yet confirmed.)
The new KH project info continues.
“What happened on the other side while Sora slept.”, and “Whenever they come in contact, their hearts return to them.” are shown. We see Roxas and Axel sitting up on the clock tower in Twilight Town. Then we see event scenes relating to Organization XIII, and a battle scene. You control Roxas, fighting Heartless, so is he the protagonist of this game? We also see scenes of him fighting other Organization XIII members. This also has the first multiplayer system seen in the KH series. You can see Roxas, Xigbar, Saix and
Axel being controlled. Next, we see event scenes of arguments between Organization XIII, and the title appears: ‘Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days’, for
And on to the final new KH project.
“Far in the past.” “A hidden destiny is born from sleep.” A previously unseen black-haired youth is talking with a boy who has the same face as Roxas, but different clothing. The black-haired youth’s name is Tera (Riku: Previous confirmation showed his name as Terra, but it’s not really relevant). The Roxas-like boy’s name is Ven. We also see the old man from the KHII:FM secret movie, along with a person clad in what looks like black biker’s clothing and a helmet. Tera seems to be active in the battle scene, but the event scenes seem to concern both Tera and Ven. This game’s title is “Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep”, reflecting the title of the KHII:FM secret movie, for PlayStation Portable.
It seems the above three are the full story on the new projects. At the end of the trailers, we see “Hidden” “Days are” “Born from sleep”, words which embody the three trailers. Then we see “The story leads on to an approaching time.” which puts us in mind of the three titles being linked to the next game.
Sora on 21 Sep 2007
Hi guys, this info just came here from the forums, and so, without explaining, here it is:
Quite a lot of new information was brought up; first, this is the new artwork:
Second, Square-Enix released trailers of the new games. But these trailers were shown privately, so all we have are descriptions. Here they are along with the new logos.
When the video begins, we are introduced with a series of images, followed by the words “Kingdom Hearts: New Concepts and Game Titles.” Right after this, the ending to Kingdom Hearts 2 plays, followed by the phrases “The secret ending has been dealt with, and the worlds extend once again” and “flow”.
The screen fades back in to Jiminy Cricket and the phrase “Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories”. He is peering into his journal, noticing a phrase that he cannot remember writing. It reads “You need to return, to heal the wounds”. This phrase seems to alert Jiminy in some way, as he runs off to report the finding to King Mickey. The King is startled by the discovery, but only replies with “Only he is the one who can solve it.”
We fade in and out to Sora standing on the beach at Destiny Islands. He is wearing his Kingdom Hearts 1 style clothing, but he is only shown as computer data being transmitted.
When the image of Sora disappears, a battle scene commences. As Sora is moving blocks around to finish a puzzle game, heartless are attacking from all angles. The gameplay mechanics seem very odd. After the puzzle is finished, a command called “Debugging” appears on the screen. After being activated, Sora moves extremely quickly and then vanishes.
The last scene includes Sora and Mickey in Traverse Town. Mickey says to no one in particular “I was here on that day.” and “Let’s speak truly.”. We are then presented with the name of the game: Kingdom Hearts: Coded. It has been announced to be a mobile phone game.
We are introduced with the scene where Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories had came to an end, and are then confronted with the phrase “The other side attached to Sora still sleeps”, along with “The mind comes back whenever they touch.”
The video then focuses upon Roxas and Axel, sitting atop the clock tower in Twilight Town. This seems to be the same scene from Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix+. Soon after, the video shows Roxas being invited into Organization XIII. He is being greeted by all, and introduces himself, and they do the same to him. Then the scene fades into Roxas actually joining the Organization.
Following this is a short clip of Mickey talking about Axel, and Saix near Roxas. Roxas is shown pulling out both of his keyblades, and it moves into gameplay. The gameplay confirms definitively that you may play with Roxas, Axel, Saix and Xigbar.
Xemnas then mentions something very interesting. He explains that a 14th member has joined their Organization, and that this member is female. This scene is quickly followed by the title of the game: “Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days” and a whispering Roxas saying “I will disappear from this world in 151 days”
This game is for the beloved Nintendo DS.
Scenes of the ending of Kingdom Hearts 1 flash by on the screen, and two phrases are seen clearly onscreen. One reads “Deep Past” and the other “Shut-Eyes gives birth to the concealed fate.”
We are then confronted by a young boy who looks like Roxas conversing with another young boy with black hair. Their surroundings seem to resemble Hallow Bastion (Radiant Garden). The name “Ven” is thrown outward, referring to the boy who looks like Roxas.
The scene change various times before stopping at an image of the Old Man from the Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix+ Secret Ending. He is called “Master Xehanort” by Terra. Soon after, Terra summons his keyblade and the screen changes.
Various worlds are shown, and one of which is familiar to us all. “Olympus Coliseum” is making another comeback, followed by a brand new world, that of which resembles Sleeping Beauty.
The video then changes back to Terra battling against a dark figure, whom you can tell is male. This is the same man from the Secret Ending of Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix+ that the Old Man creates. Terra is able to forcably get the man’s helmet off, but his face is concealed.
King Mickey is shown summoning his keyblade, and then the scene changes very quickly to Terra on a beach. He seems to be watching two boys play in the ocean. After he rests his weapon into the ground, the two boys he was watching are clearer and they look like Sora and Riku. Soon after, Terra says “Please don’t depend on me, just erase me… friend.” The phrase “Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep” arises, and it is revealed this game is for the PSP.
Note: It has been rumored the DS game is being co-developed by Hand (Chocobo Tales) and the PSP game is being developed by the Crisis Core team. This is not a confirmation, just speculation.
Source: Kairi (KH3.org member)
Sora on 15 Sep 2007
Square-Enix have been updating their site for the Tokyo Game Show 2007, and the Official Site about the event has been updated too:
Official Tokyo Game Show 2007 Site
The Square-Enix site has wallpapers (although none related to Kingdom Hearts) to download and use too if you wish – Just go to the far left or right, and then up or down respectively. It’s a very interactive site with many extra features.
Kingdom Hearts doesn’t feature in the games line-up (as many people have mentioned in the comments), but that is due to the fact that the new project hasn’t been officially “announced” yet. The new video should be shown in the Closed Mega Theatre at some point over the weekend. There won’t be playable demos.
For more information, please look at the Tokyo Game Show 2007 News Post.
In other news, Yoko Shimomura has updated her blog to say that 4 Kingdom Hearts pieces will be performed at “Press Start 2007 – Symphony of Games”. The concert is being performed on the 17th and 22nd of September. (If you’re in Japan, I’d recommend going to the 17th September concert before going to the Tokyo Game Show.) One of these 4 pieces is said to be a new piece that hasn’t been heard before! The 4 pieces will form the finale of the concert. (Fans of the Black Mages will be pleased to know that they will be performing at the first of the two concerts.)
Pacifico Yokohama Site (English Version) – 17th September Concert Location
Umeda Arts Theatre Site (Japanese Version) – 22nd September Concert Location
Also, apologies for the massive delay in news – For those who don’t already know, the Official Square-Enix Shop is now open: