Sora on 21 Sep 2011 08:59 pm
Nomura has recently had an interview published in the Japanese magazine Famitsu concerning Kingdom Hearts 3D. This interview spills even more info. Here is some tidbits ripped straight from 1Up.
- The story is set around what the preview coverage calls ‘worlds enclosed by sleep,’ populated by creatures called Dream Eaters. “It’s a bit complex,” Nomura said, “but basically there are worlds that fell into darkness besides the ones Sora returned to normal in the first Kingdom Hearts — some of the princesses’ worlds, Dumbo’s world, and so on. The original story had all these worlds get fixed up in KH1′s ending, but not all of them completely returned to normal, instead lying in stasis between light and dark. Since the worlds themselves are asleep, the game is set in the dreams these worlds are having. It’s Sora and Riku’s job to wake these worlds up, return them to normal, and gain their Keyblade Master certification.”
- The playable demo featured Sora back in his KH1 outfit. “That’s because he is entering the dreams of these sleeping worlds,” Nomura explained. “It also has to do with the fact that Master Yen Sid told him that he needed to completely re-learn how to use his Keyblade, to go away from the self-taught approach he had been using. Sora doesn’t think that’s necessary, but Riku, his confidence low due to having been taken in by the darkness before, agrees to it. Thus Sora comes along with him on this quest.”
- The Dream Eaters here serve as both KH3D’s minion-level monsters and as helpful companions. “Since there are no Heartless, the Dream Eaters consume dreams in these sleeping worlds instead,” Nomura said. “Sora has to use them in order to travel between worlds, and they relate to his abilities as well — raising them directly connects to Sora and Riku’s improving as fighters. You can bring only two into a battle, but try hard enough and you can collect them all if you like. I can’t say exactly how many there are, but they will number in the tens.”
- Traverse Town, the traditional hubworld of Kingdom Hearts, makes an appearance in this game — and this time it’s being visited by Neku and other characters from Nomura’s DS game The World Ends With You. “When you first enter Traverse Town you have the same basic member set,” Nomura noted. “We wanted to get some fresh characters in there, so that is where Neku and the others come in. Neku has been separated from Shiki, his usual companion; we’ll have more to say about her and the other characters later.”
- Should this cameo from Neku and gang indicate to gamers that the World Ends series isn’t as dead as most thought? “This might be a harbinger of something else,” Nomura cryptically stated. “We are doing something.”
Does this point out that a Dumbo world will be on the worlds Sora has to wake up? Nomura also says he is doing something with TWEWY, sequel on 3DS perhaps?